The energy in the room was electric. Friends and family had come from miles to celebrate.
I had graduated from college!
When the phone rang I was standing by my fiancee, my parents, and Morrie Lanning (the mayor Moorhead at that time). It was the hiring manager from Microsoft. She was calling to offer me a job!
Out of over 2,000 resumes and hundreds of people interviewed, I was one of five people hired!
I thought that life couldn’t get any better.
Everything was falling into place.
I had it all figured out and was on my way.
Of course, as some of you know, it didn’t work out the way I planned. Fast forward 17 years later and…
- I was fired from the job and escorted out of the building my last day.
- The relationship with my fiancee ended.
- A banner ad changed my life.
- A morning of prayer put me on a new path.
- My kidneys were failing.
- God gave me unshakeable faith.
- I cried (many times).
- A leap of faith to move back to the USA.
- I ran a family business and left it five years later (one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done).
- I started a new business.
- God blessed me with three girls.
- I’ve been happily married for 13 years.
- Many countless miracles.
If you’d like to join me on this journey, I am going to focus in the coming weeks and months to write bits of the story. It has been bubbling up the past several months and it’s time.